The result of Japanese craftsmanship and expert engineering, the Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 Air Dynamic Open-Back Headphones set a new standard in open-back headphone performance. The headphones utilize newly developed Core Mount Technology that optimally positions the driver unit within the housing to improve airflow efficiency. The efficient airflow helps the headphones reproduce highly transparent mid and high frequencies and rich, precise bass sound. The 58 mm integrated driver units combine a tungsten-coated diaphragm, baffle and Permendur magnetic circuit in a single unit to reduce unwanted vibration and, since no screw clamps are required, decrease the weight. The baffle is made of a highly-rigid polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)/glass fiber composite to provide stable diaphragm movement.
The housings of the Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 Air Dynamic Open-Back Headphones have a honeycomb-punched design that keeps the housing face open to ventilation, while closing off the sides. This design delivers an accurate, natural sound, but prevents air pressure loss that can negatively affect sound quality. The frame is constructed of strong, lightweight magnesium; the earpads and headband are fashioned from Alcantara, a material known for its extreme durability and comfort.
The Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 Air Dynamic Open-Back Headphones come with a detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones and a 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug for connecting to devices. Each pair of headphones is individually identified by a laser etched serial number and comes with a specially designed hard carrying case.
Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 Air Dynamic Open-Back Headphones Features:
- 58 mm integrated driver units utilize a Permendur magnetic circuit with exceptional magnetic characteristics
- Japanese craftsmanship: Each housing is carefully hand assembled in Tokyo
- Tungsten-coated diaphragm provides high rigidity for an improved transient response
- Integrated driver unit design combines diaphragm, voice coil, baffle and magnet in single unit to reduce unwanted vibration
- Each pair of headphones is individually identified by a laser etched serial number and comes with a specially designed hard carrying case
- Newly developed Core Mount Technology places driver unit in optimal position for improved airflow and excellent full-range audio reproduction
- Magnesium frame results in rigid, thin, lightweight construction
- New honeycomb-punched housing design blocks side ventilation to prevent undesirable air pressure loss
- Luxurious Alcantara material used on earpads and headband, providing amazing comfort and durability
- Detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones and 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug
Brand: Audio Technica Manufacture SKU: ATH-ADX5000 UPC: 4961310136499