Whether recording vocals and instruments or composing in the box, Focusrite Clarett+ 2Pre 18-in / 20-Out USB Audio Interface Recorder is the audibly impressive, pure-sounding, bus-powered (15W USB-C capabilities required for bus-powered operation) USB-C interface for PC and Mac to take with you on your creative journey.
Two Clarett+ mic preamps — featuring All-analogue Air with impedance switching and relay control — capture superbly clear recordings with high headroom, low distortion, and ultra-low noise. Two JFET instrument inputs let you plug straight in and preserve the natural tone of your guitar, just like plugging into an amplifier. Independent A-D and D-A converters bring you closer than ever to your music and let you hear the truth, whether you’re in the studio or on the road.
Greatly improved D-A dynamic range enables you to hear every detail and have greater control over your mix. Lower A-D converter distortion lets you capture signals with more clarity, for greater transparency and sonic accuracy. Clarett+ 2Pre is the interface that accompanies you as you grow. Expandable using ADAT, you can connect devices such as Clarett OctoPre for a 10-input tracking environment. Your Clarett+ 2Pre comes with Ableton Live Lite and the Hitmaker Expansion, an unbeatable range of tried-and-tested studio tools from some of the biggest names in the business.
The Hitmaker Expansion includes: Antares Auto-Tune Access, Relab LX480 Essentials, Softube Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555, XLN Audio Addictive Keys, XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2, Brainworx bx_oberhausen, Three Month Splice Sounds Subscription, Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC, Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite, Brainworx bx_masterdesk, and Access to Focusrite’s Plug-In Collective; all upon purchase, registration, and download.
Focusrite Clarett+ 2Pre 18-in / 20-Out USB Audio Interface Recorder Features:
- Two professional quality Clarett+ preamps - Capture clear and powerful recordings with preamps that bring masses of headroom, low distortion, and ultra-low noise. USB-C connection provides bus power. 15W USB-C port required.
- Make vocals shine with all-analog Air - Premium, relay-controlled analog circuitry on every preamp emulates the classic Focusrite ISA110 by switching the impedance to 2.2kΩ and adding two cumulative high shelves, totaling a 4dB boost in the high frequencies.
- New and improved A-D and D-A converters - Capture more accurate recordings wherever you are, with extremely high-performance, independent A-D and D-A converters that deliver extremely low noise, low distortion, and high dynamic range.
- Powerful and transparent headphone output - Create your best mixes and recordings, and inspire amazing performances with an improved headphone output that provides a flat frequency response at all output levels with any type of headphones. Easy-to-use and feature-packed software for PC, Mac, and iOS devices give you complete control over all aspects of Clarett+.
- JFET instrument inputs - Dedicated, ultra-high-impedance JFET instrument inputs, with extremely wide audio bandwidth, mimic guitar amp inputs to preserve the natural tone of guitars and capture their true character. Get studio-grade results with the included bundle of recording software, mixing plug-ins, and virtual instruments.
Brand Focusrite Manufacture SKU AMS-CLARETT-PLUS-2PRE
Frequency Response 20-20kHz ± < 0.03dB Frequency Response 20-35kHz ± < 0.15dB Dynamic Range (min gain) 118dB THD+N (-1dBFS, +20dB gain) -110dB Noise EIN -129dBu Max input level 18dBu Gain range +57dB
LINE INPUTS (VARIABLE)
Frequency Response 20-20kHz: ± < 0.05dB Frequency Response 20-35kHz ± < 0.15dB Dynamic Range (min gain) 118dB THD+N (-1dBFS, min gain) -100dB Max input level 26dBu Gain range +57dB
Frequency Response 20-20kHz ± < 0.04dB Frequency Response 20-35kHz ± < 0.15dB Dynamic Range 116dB THD+N (-1dBFS, min gain) -96.5dB Max input level 15dBu Gain range +57dB
LINE & MONITOR OUTPUTS
Frequency Response 20-20kHz ± < 0.02dB Frequency Response 20-35kHz ± < 0.02dB Dynamic Range 124dB Max Output level 18dBu THD+N -106dB
Frequency Response 20-20kHz <0.06dB Frequency Response 20-35kHz <0.07dB Dynamic Range 118dB THD+N -104dB Max Output level 16dBu