Electronic and dance music producers looking for a powerful, all-in-one groove sampler will be thrilled with the Novation Circuit Rhythm Standalone Sampler, a compact and portable sampler that builds upon the success of the Circuit Tracks and is designed to be used in the studio or on the go for professional producers and DJs.
The Circuit Rhythm offers eight flexible sample tracks with several sample capabilities including slice, chromatic, one-shot, gated, looped, and reverse. The machine provides a variety of sample controls including tune, start, length, slope, distortion, high-pass filter, low-pass filter, and resonance. What's more, there is a sample choke function that allows you to assign samples to a group, whereby any sample that is playing is automatically cut off when a new sample in the group is triggered. Great for creating realistic hi-hats and other sounds.
Circuit Rhythm uses Components, a standalone software editor, which provides deep access to the instrument's sampling engine, sample organization, macro controls, and more. You can load up to 220 seconds of samples, plus thousands of patches and projects from the included SD card. Circuit Rhythm is a USB class compliant and will work with any modern Mac or Windows computer.
A 4x8 grid of velocity-sensitive (RGB) sequencer pads is used to program the advanced, built-in 32-step sequencer, which offers real-time and step-input recording, as well as time and key lock to ensure all your sounds lock to tempo and blend harmonically. The 8 macro encoders allow you to record and playback multiple parameter tweaks in real-time. Combine up to 256 steps of patterns to complete full songs. The onboard effects do not disappoint. There's delay, reverb, and side-chain Send FX for adding depth and motion to your tracks, while the Grid FX provides a variety of real-time effects you can trigger. Choose from vinyl simulation, beat repeat, phaser, gater, reverser, auto-filter, and digitizer.
The rear panel provides a panoply of connections including 5-pin DIN MIDI input, output, and thru connectors, as well as sync for connecting to analog equipment. Two 1/4" inputs allow you to sample audio directly into the Circuit Rhythm. You can also route audio live through the unit for mixing and further processing, while two 1/4" outputs connect to your playback system or studio monitors. A 3.5mm headphone output is also included. The Circuit Rhythm can be powered via USB or from the built-in rechargeable battery for true wireless operation anywhere. A USB Type-C cable and USB power supply are provided.
Sample. Make beats. Perform.
Circuit Rhythm is a versatile sampler for making and performing beats. Record samples directly to the hardware, then slice, sculpt and resample your sounds effortlessly. Capture your groove quantized or off-grid into the sequencer, and layer up across eight sample tracks. Invigorate your live set with performance FX: embrace imperfection with lo-fi tape, stutter your mix with beat repeat, and more. Integrate Circuit Rhythm into your studio, or unplug and create anywhere utilizing the built-in rechargeable battery.
Making beats, made easy
Push your beat-making further and transform samples into incredible tracks with Circuit Rhythm. Tweak samples to perfection, edit patterns on the fly and build beats in no time with a streamlined screenless workflow and a lightning-fast sequencer.
A powerful and flexible sampler
Find your groove with no limits to your sound. Make beats with high-quality artist sounds out of the box, or plug your phone, turntable or synths into Circuit Rhythm and record sounds directly to the machine, then process and resample them.
With eight flexible sample tracks you can immediately play back samples however you choose, whether you’re chopping straight from vinyl, making basslines and melodies, or punching in drum grooves live.
The perfect performance tool
Bring killer highs and drops to your live sets with a DJ-style master filter and a wide range of performance effects. Embrace imperfection with Vinyl Simulation & Digitiser, stutter your mix with Beat Repeat and Gater, turn back time with Reverser, and explore new timbres with Auto-Filter and Phaser for a truly dynamic sound. With Grid FX, you can give samples of new life.
Make music, anywhere
Bring beats to life wherever inspiration strikes you. Circuit Rhythm’s portability makes it the best friend of the beatmaker on the go. With a built-in rechargeable battery and microSD card for expandable storage, you can create, perform and store full-length beats all in one place.
Optimised for studio integration
Circuit Rhythm integrates easily into any studio setup. With full-size MIDI IN, sync out, and audio in, partner Circuit Rhythm with your favorite hardware or software and create music without resistance. It’s the perfect modern beatmaking sampler and drum machine to complement your studio workflow.
Take control of your samples
Get hands-on with your samples with controls for distortion, slope, high and low pass filters, and more. Send tracks to lush delay and reverb for huge sounds and make your beats pump with a side chain. The master compressor glues your mix together, so your beats are fire every time.
Novation Circuit Rhythm Standalone Sampler Key Features
- For Electronic and Dance Music Producers
- 8 Flexible Sample Tracks
- 8 Endless Encoders with RGB Indicators
- Master Filter and Master Volume Pots
- 32 RGB Backlit Velocity-Sensitive Pads
- 28 RGB Backlit Tactile Click Buttons
- MIDI In, Out, Thru (5-Pin DIN)
- 3.5 mm Sync Output
- Built-In Rechargeable Battery
- Free Plug-Ins from Sound Collective
What's In the Box
- Novation Circuit Rhythm Standalone Groove Sampler for Beat Making
- USB Type-A to USB Type-C Cable
- USB Power Adapter
- Circuit Component Software Download
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
- Brand: Novation
- Manufacture SKU: AMS-CIRCUIT-RHYTHM
Sound Engine & Sequencer
- Maximum Polyphony (8 voices)
- Recordable Samples = 4096 (128 samples x 32 Packs [1 internal Pack / 31 Packs on micro SD Card])
- Patterns (8 patterns x 8 tracks x 64 projects x 32 Packs)
- Max Sampling Time (228 seconds per Pack (32 seconds max per pad))
- Import Format (WAV, MP3)
- Pattern Sequencer/Step Sequencer
- Resolution (24ppqn quarter note)
- Pattern length (1/32 note to 64 bars)
- Recording method (Real-time Quantization on/off, Programmable Step Sequencer with Micro-steps/Probability/Mutate)
- Playback direction (forwards, reverse, ping-pong, random)
- Effects (Delay Send with 16 presets, Reverb Send with 8 presets, Side Chain with 7 presets)
- Grid FX (Vinyl Sim, Beat Repeat, Reverse, Filter, Gater, Phaser, Digitiser)
- Sample playback (Slice, Chromatic, One-Shot, Gated, Looped, Reverse)
- 8 macro knobs (Pitch, Start, Length, Envelope, Overdrive, HP Filter, LP Filter, Resonance), Master volume
- Master Filter (High/Low Pass)
Product Hardware Specifications
- 32 RGB backlit velocity-sensitive pads
- 28 RGB backlit tactile click buttons
- Power button with charge status LED
- Rechargeable battery (up to 4 hours battery life)
- Expandable Storage (slot for microSD card (sold separately) for 31 extra packs)
- USB-C socket (power delivery, charging, MIDI)
- Kensington MiniSaver slot
- MicroSD card slot
- 3x MIDI DIN (In, Out, Thru)
- 3.5mm sync out
- L/R Sample In Pair (for recording samples)
- L/R Audio Out Pair
- Headphones out
- 8x endless encoders with RGB indicators
- Master volume pot
- Master filter pot with centre detent
- Kensington MiniSaver slot
- Circuit Rhythm is class compliant so it will work with any modern Mac or Windows PC.
- Load and backup packs, samples, Projects, and Grid FX with Novation Components online or using the standalone application.
Included with Circuit Rhythm
- USB-C cable, USB power supply, Safety information.
- USB bus powered
- Built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (up to 4-hour run-time). Charge via USB-C port.
- 240mm length x 210mm depth x 30mm height (40mm height including knob caps)