A fast, versatile prime, this Sigma 30mm F1.4 Contemporary DC DN, M Mount from Sigma is designed for use with Canon EF-M-mount mirrorless cameras. The bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over the depth of field for using selective focus techniques. The optical design features a pair of aspherical elements, along with one high-refractive index element, which significantly reduces spherical aberrations and distortion for increased clarity and definition for notably sharp image quality. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to control lens flare and ghosting in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, benefitting both stills shooting and video recording, this compact prime also incorporates a stepping AF motor for smooth, near-silent autofocus performance.
Sigma 30mm F1.4 Contemporary DC DN, M Mount Highlights
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Normal-length prime is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-M-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 48mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for achieving selective focus effects.
- Two aspherical elements and one high-refractive index element are used to limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- A stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Features
- A new large-aperture F1.4 standard lens from the Contemporary line
- A member of the high-performance Contemporary line, featuring SIGMA's latest technologies
- Extra-long Hood (Supplied)
- TSC is used for a more compact structure and enhanced performance
- Combining compactness with outstanding optical performance
- Image quality rivaling that of our Art line lenses
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Shallow depth of field for a beautiful bokeh effect
- Fast and smooth AF
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
- Rounded diaphragm
- New SIGMA GLOBAL VISION product lines
- 46-megapixel Foveon direct image sensor
- Ultra-high precision and quality
Brand Sigma Manufacture SKU 302971 UPC 085126302719 Focal Length 30mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 48mm) Maximum Aperture f/1.4 Minimum Aperture f/16 Lens Mount Canon EF-M Lens Format Coverage APS-C Angle of View 50.7° Minimum Focus Distance 11.81" / 30 cm Maximum Magnification 0.14x Optical Design 9 Elements in 7 Groups Diaphragm Blades 9, Rounded Focus Type Autofocus Image Stabilization No Filter Size 52 mm (Front) Dimensions (ø x L) 2.55 x 2.89" / 64.8 x 73.3 mm Weight 9.35 oz / 265 g