The Sigma 90mm F2.8 Contemporary DG DN I series, Mount for Sony E from Sigma is a short-telephoto prime with the impressive optical performance. It is well-suited for portraiture and selective everyday shooting and offers a fast f/2.8 aperture for controlling the depth of field and working in less-than-ideal light. This lens includes an aspherical element and five special low dispersion elements to control a variety of aberrations and achieve notable sharpness and clarity. The lens incorporates a manual aperture ring for enhanced tactility, and also featured is a stepping motor for quick and quiet AF performance. A rounded nine-blade diaphragm lets you achieve pleasingly smooth bokeh, and the lens's all-metal body is weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
Sigma 90mm F2.8 Contemporary DG DN I series, Mount for Sony E Highlights
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- I-series lens emphasizes a sleek and stylish physical design that is built to the same operational standards as Sigma's Cine lenses, including a mechanical aperture ring, knurled metal components, and various switches and tactile controls for intuitive operation.
- Short-telephoto 90mm lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 135mm equivalent focal length.
- Five Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element helps to control distortion and spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes smooth and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an internal focusing design to promote greater responsiveness.
- Manual aperture ring includes an 'A' position for camera-based aperture selection.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount's design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Inner focus system
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Stepping motor
- Compatible with lens aberration correction
- Support DMF and AF+MF
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Aperture ring
- Focus Mode switch
- Round-type lens hood (LH576-02)
- Magnetic metal lens cap (LCF55-01M)
- Mount with dust and splash-resistant structure
- Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA's proprietary MTF measuring system
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- "Made in Japan" craftsmanship
Brand Sigma Manufacture SKU 261965 UPC 085126261658 Focal Length 90mm Maximum Aperture f/2.8 Minimum Aperture f/22 Lens Mount Sony E Lens Format Coverage Full-Frame Angle of View 27° Minimum Focus Distance 1.6' / 50 cm Maximum Magnification 0.2x Macro Reproduction Ratio 1:5 Optical Design 11 Elements in 10 Groups Focus Type Autofocus Image Stabilization No Filter Size 55 mm (Front) Dimensions (ø x L) 2.5 x 2.4" / 64 x 59.7 mm Weight 10.4 oz / 295 g